As an editor who often works remotely, I find myself downloading files all the time – whether it be footage, music, sound effects, etc. It can be tedious having to transfer your files from the Downloads folder to your desired location every single time.
Being able to control the location of your download files is a convenient way to save time and stay organized.
- Open up your Google Chrome web browser. Click the three dots icon in the top right corner, and then, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
- Under Downloads, you can select your desired location for future downloads.
- Open up your Safari web browser. Click Safari in the top left corner, and then, click Preferences.
- Under the General tab, you can select your Downloads location under File Download Location
If you are looking for a more visual demonstration, please check out the video below!